This Nutella hot chocolate is not for you if you don’t have a sweet tooth I have to warn you… warning over!
Nutella hot chocolate is my favorite winter warmer to have and really perks up my day when it is freezing outside. I love the idea of anything personalised so when I noticed this at Harvey Nichols I had to get a jar. I know Selfridges did do this as well as it being available online. A personalised jar of Nutella would go really nicely in a Christmas hamper if you are making any this year…(little gift idea for you).
What you need:
- Other toppings
- A mug
- teaspoon or mini whisk
This is really easy to make and is really fun to do with children as well (let them do the toppings).
- Microwave milk in a jug or heat in a pan
- Add two teaspoons of spread to your cup
- Top the mug up with hot milk and mix well
- Top with whipped cream
- Put some marshmallows on top
- Add your flake or chocolate
- Add extra toppings- I love mini fudge pieces
- Enjoy xxx
I have made this Nutella hot chocolate a few different ways and it’s not hard to make it suitable for different preferences. I’ve listed a few below for you to try out.
- Swap milk for hot coconut water- its delicious
- Add Baileys and top with chocolate orange slices
- Use melted dark chocolate (check ingredients list), coconut water and skip cream for dairy free alternative
- Add mint liqueur and mint matchmakers for an after dinner treat
- Post Christmas if you have any brandy cream left over use some on this hot chocolate- heaven
So that is my Nutella hot chocolate that I regularly make as it gets colder. What topping would you choose to go on yours? Do you have a winter warmer you love?
Today’s 12 days of giveaways prize is this gorgeous set… Simply follow me on Twitter and retweet to be in with a change of winning. The winner will be picked on the 4th and all prizes will be posted after the last winner is announced. Make sure you enter to win yesterday’s fabulous Tony Moly prize as well. Good luck xxx