So the marble craze is still going strong all over social media as you may have seen? I’ve been having some real nail envy so thought I’d try doing my own easy marble nails using things I had.
What you will need;
- Orange sticks or toothpicks
- Alcohol spray such as hairspray
- A base colour nail varnish
- Some nail varnishes to marble
- Fast drying top coat
- Cotton buds
- Nail varnish remover
- Small bowl with room temperature water in it
- A covered surface to work on
- Paint your nails with a base colour
- Drop a drop of nail varnish into room temperature water*
- Spray the nail varnish with an alcohol based spray such as hairspray so it breaks up like shown**
- Dip nail into the spread nail varnish and remove after a few seconds (Repeat steps two to four until you have desired effect)
- Remove any excess with a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover
- Coat with a good top coat such as Seche Vite
*If the nail varnish sinks try using a newer nail varnish
**If it doesn’t break up try moving the water around the nail varnish with a toothpick or orange stick. If that does not work remove and try again.
I did one hand at a time following all the steps and left five minutes in-between hands. That’s all there is to doing easy marble nails at home.
You can use any colours and combinations you would like. Next time I’ll try out a black base with grey and white I think.
The nail varnishes I used were;
Nails Inc in Porchester Square
True Brit London in It’s A Monthly Thing
Estee Lauder in So Vain
Nails Inc in Floral Street